Simulation of human thermal sensation and physiological response
About the project
About the Technology
Simulation of the multi-scale interactions between the human body, clothing and the environment through a variety of physical and physiological models, including
- mathematical models of human thermoregulation
- realistic model for heat and moisture transfer in clothing that take fabric properties, clothing fit, and realistic body posture into consideration
- validated global and local thermal sensation models for indoor and outdoor applications.
In practice these tools can be used in a very early design stage without having any prototypes ready to optimize the design for a given purpose in an iterative cycle. The tools offer high accuracy and very short simulation time.
Usual Areas of Application
This technology is used for (scientific) evaluation of garment.
Materials used in Re-FREAM
Technology is used by these Re-FREAM Partners
Empa (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Hub Linz: From 2D to 3D
- Hub Valencia: From linear to sustainable circular systems
- Hub Berlin: From analog to connected