The Future of Fashion is now
The fashion production of the future will not only be determined by technology. Fashion means aesthetics; it requires imagination, precision and a deep understanding of color and shape.
Thus it will need “new aesthetics” that will bring together artists and technologists. All such research results and experiences will be shared openly to build up a self-running and sustainable innovation community with artists and technologists.
Develop together new methods.
Co-research does not mean that everything you need is established and we know how to do it. We want to explore our technologies with you from another point of view. The Re-FREAM Project grants us the unique opportunity to discover and create new concepts with our existing technologies.
Work together on new technologies.
Co-creation does not mean that the technological partners just support you in services, but we want to push the boundaries of the technologies we use and develop together.
The Re-FREAM projects shall help to co-create new fashion applications for “urban manufacturing” of fashion together and aspire to demonstrate in the end their capabilities and usage in the sector.
With these two perspectives, we want to:
- Re-think the manufacturing of fashion with our modern digital technologies.
- Create disruptive innovation as we have never done before
In order to imagine new aesthetics, a designer does not necessarily need a technologist. However, co-creation expands the possibilities of new aesthetics to a large extent.
The fashion of the future will not only be determined by an applied technology. Fashion above all means aesthetics; it requires imagination, precision and a deep understanding of materials and shapes in relation to social references/codes.
The Re-FREAM Co-Creation Process will, thus, aesthetically debate the use of new technologies for a better, human-centered design.
All research results, co-creation processes and the technological tool box will be shared openly to build up a self-running and sustainable innovation community with artists and technologists.
The expected outcome is a new value chain focused on customization that uses new technologies and small scale urban manufacturing methods that provide new aesthetics, incorporate social benefits, and mitigate further harm to our environment.
All results of the challenges and all artistic and research work will be presented online, acting as examples for future projects.
Our open innovation strategy includes the following activities:
- As an important part for the implementation of future urban manufacturing, products and innovation created during the co-creation process will be made accessible on the website together with contact information and contact persons profiles who facilitate the enabling of urban small-scale manufacturing for decentralized and digitalized production possibilities.
- In our blog, our artists and the consortium partners share their experiences and provide “behind the scenes” stories.
- Additionally a list with related events and workshops within Re-FREAM will be published.
- Based on that, methodologies learned from the co-working between the artist and researchers will be assessed and adapted to enable a transfer towards the existing regional manufacturers. With that, a “toolbox” for urban manufacturing built up during the project and will be available on the platform during and after the project phase to sustain the results of the project for the future.
- Our lively Linked group serves as an online exchange platform, where new ideas are being discussed and experiences can be shared.
- Regular offline and online community building activities and events, such as webinars, meetups and conferences are being organized to further enable networking between artists and technology partners.